ISM | Switzerland Jump to main content


Travel and COVID-19

You can find the latest information on how COVID-19 is affecting travel to Switzerland on the Re-open EU website, the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health and Secretariat for Migration. COVID-19 travel information can change frequently, but you can read what you should be looking out for in our guidance.

Entry visa requirements

Not required.

Working fewer than 90 days?

Admission of third-country nationals in the cultural and entertainment sector:

• Gainful employment with a local position (local employment contract, residency in Switzerland) requires a permit from the first day.
• Gainful employment without taking up a local position (cross-border provision of services) is
defined as self-employment without transferring the place of residence to Switzerland or employment for an employer based abroad. A permit is required if such activity is carried out for more than eight days within a calendar year.

NB. Artistic activity is considered gainful employment whether it is paid or unpaid.

As soon as a permit is required, the employer much submit the application to the competent cantonal

Information from State Secretariat for Migration

Working more than 90 days?

As per working fewer than 90 days (permit required).



Contact details

Swiss Embassy Website

16-18 Montagu Place
London W1H 2BQ
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7616 6000

[email protected]
[email protected]

The information provided in this guide is for your reference only and does not constitute legal or immigration advice. The ISM recommends that if you have any doubts about your eligibility to enter any country, you contact a suitably qualified migration expert for each individual country in good time prior to intended arrival.