ISM | Sweden Jump to main content


Travel and COVID-19

You can find the latest information on how COVID-19 is affecting travel to Sweden on the Re-open EU website and via the Swedish Public Health Agency. COVID-19 travel information can change frequently, but you can read what you should be looking out for in our guidance.

Entry visa requirements


Working fewer than 90 days?

Exemption for work permits if you are going to work temporarily in Sweden for a maximum of 14 days over a period of 12 months.

Applies to you as a performer, your technicians and other tour staff.

Additional requirements

There must be an invitation from an established organiser.

Working for more than 90 days?

Special rules apply to work permits for singers, musicians, technicians and those in similar roles.

Additional requirements

To obtain a permit, you need:

• a contract with the organiser in Sweden
• a written offer of work in Sweden
• terms of employment that are at least at the same level as Swedish collective agreements
or what is customary in the profession or industry
• a salary that is at least SEK 13,000 (approx. £1130) per month before tax

You can apply online through the eservice (an email is required from your employer with a link) or in person.

In order to receive a work permit, your employer must be planning to sign you up for health insurance, life insurance, occupational injury insurance, and occupational pension insurance when your employment begins. The insurance must be valid starting the day that your employment begins.


SEK 1,500 (£130) for a performer’s work permit.

Please note that prices in GBP are indicative and subject to change in line with exchange rates.

Contact details

Swedish Embassy Website
11 Montagu Place
London W1H 2AL
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7917 6400

[email protected]

[email protected]

Planning a tour?

The information provided in this guide is for your reference only and does not constitute legal or immigration advice. The ISM recommends that if you have any doubts about your eligibility to enter any country, you contact a suitably qualified migration expert for each individual country in good time prior to intended arrival.