ISM | Hungary Jump to main content


Entry visa requirements

Not required.

However, Article 6(3) states, ‘On visa we reserve the right to revisit our position on this issue in light of the evolution of relevant UK legislation and the ongoing negotiations on the future EU/UK relationship’.

Working fewer than 90 days?

'The Hungarian partner should consult directly with the competent local authority if a (work) permit is needed or not for the musician’s concrete activities/performances/work.’

Information provided by Embassy

However, Hungarian legislation 445/2013 (XI 28) states that 'the employment of a third-country national in the framework of a legal relationship for employment in the territory of Hungary does not require a permit...for educational, scientific or artistic activities lasting no more than ten working days per calendar year' (Section 5, §15 [1] point 16).

Working for more than 90 days?

You may apply for a residence permit either through the employment route, or gainful activity route (for self-employed).

Additional requirements

You will also need:

  • Proof of means of subsistence in Hungary
  • Proof of accommodation.
  • Proof of Health Insurance
  • Documents to evidence exit (i.e., ticket for departure)
  • Employment agreement (for employment route)
  • Business plan or contract for professional services or ‘other reliable means’ to verify your work (for gainful activity route)


€60 for residence permit.

Contact details

Hungarian Embassy Website
35 Eaton Place
London SW1X 8BY

Tel: +44 (0) 20 7201 3440
[email protected]
[email protected]

Planning a tour?

The information provided in this guide is for your reference only and does not constitute legal or immigration advice. The ISM recommends that if you have any doubts about your eligibility to enter any country, you contact a suitably qualified migration expert for each individual country in good time prior to intended arrival.