ISM | Finland Jump to main content


Entry visa requirements

Not required.

Working fewer than 90 days?

No residence permit needed if you have been invited to work in Finland or you have signed a contract to work in Finland and are a professional artist or support team for such a person. (Aliens Act, section 79(1)2).

Working for more than 90 days?

Residence permit with confirmed employment before you can apply. (You may not work as a restaurant musician)

Additional requirements

You must work professionally:

• educated to higher education level
• member of artists’ association or learned society (such as ISM)
• professional work history supported by documents
• earn your living through work in the arts

Degree certificate

Range of income requirements depending on the role.


€410 for residence permit (electronic application)

€610 for residence permit (paper application)

Contact details

Finnish Embassy Website
38 Chesham Place
London SW1X 8HW
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7838 6200
[email protected]

[email protected]

Honorary consulates: Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Dover, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Hull, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham, Plymouth, Rochester, Sheffield, Southampton

Planning a tour?

The information provided in this guide is for your reference only and does not constitute legal or immigration advice. The ISM recommends that if you have any doubts about your eligibility to enter any country, you contact a suitably qualified migration expert for each individual country in good time prior to intended arrival.