ISM | Belgium Jump to main content


Travel and COVID-19

You can find the latest information on how COVID-19 is affecting travel to Belgium on the Re-open EU website and via the Belgian Coronavirus information site. COVID-19 travel information can change frequently, but you can find out what you should be looking out for on the front page of the Visa guide.

Entry visa requirements

Not currently required.

However, Article 6(3) states, ‘this could change in the last months of 2020, once there is more clarity on the new UK immigration policy.’

Working fewer than 90 days?

Work permit exemption for up to 3 months for self-employed and employed foreign artists in Brussels Region and Wallonia.

Work permit exemption for up to 21 days per quarter for ‘artists of international renown’ and accompanying persons IN FLANDERS ONLY. A work permit will be required for stays of more than 21 days and if the artist is not of international renown (no definition of this in law, but MIP suggests ‘fame’ in at least 3 countries). Professional card exemption for 'seconded artists who do not have their main residence in Belgium and who perform services there in the context of their profession' and 'independent accompanists of the artist whose presence is required for the artist's activities.'

Working for more than 90 days?

Apply for a single permit through the employer to the relevant Region.

Self-employment requires a professional card. NB this is sometimes called a business card on the individual region websites.



Brussels Region


Flanders work permit for more than 21 days or for artists without international renown is free.

Professional card (all regions): €140 on application, €90 for each year of validity on collection.

Contact details

Belgium Embassy: Website

Embassy of Belgium
17, Grosvenor Crescent
London SW1X 7EE

Tel: +44 (0) 20 7470 3700

[email protected]

Honorary consulates: Dover, Edinburgh, Jersey, Hull, Manchester, Newcastle

Planning a tour?

The information provided in this guide is for your reference only and does not constitute legal or immigration advice. The ISM recommends that if you have any doubts about your eligibility to enter any country, you contact a suitably qualified migration expert for each individual country in good time prior to intended arrival.