2021 Music Education Teach Meets with the ISM: Primary and Secondary
Musical learning: Facilitating and celebrating music for all
These free online Music Education Teach Meets were facilitated by Dr Alison Daubney PhD, Senior Teaching Fellow at the University of Sussex, researcher, curriculum developer and trainer.
The events for primary schools, secondary schools are for teachers and led by teachers, embedding joint practice development at the heart of your work. They are open to all teachers and school leaders, no matter what your role is, or what stage of your career you are at.
We hope that these events will provide you with new perspectives, ideas and opportunities for rich debate and collaboration. Register below to book your free place.
Presentation topics included:
- Vaughan Fleischfresser, Edinburgh Academy Junior School - From Improvisation to Notation
- Sue Walker, Bosbury CE Primary School - Daily Whole Class Instrumental Practice in a Rural Primary School
- Ella Foster, Primary Music Lead, Bristol Plays Music, Bristol Beacon - 5-a-day Music: A Recovery Resource for Schools
- Dan Jones, Creative Lead, Allens Croft Primary School - Story-Based Composition
- Emily Boxer, Deputy Principal, Silvertown Oasis Academy - Whose music? Working with others to ensure an authentically diverse musical offer.
- Nick Hughes, Head of Performing Arts Faculty, Robert Smyth Academy, Market Harborough - DAW's are for life, not just for filler.
- James Leveridge, Music Teacher, Brampton Manor School - Students’ perceptions of their ‘school music lessons’
- Jenetta Hurst, Head of Music, Jo Richardson Community School - Exploring composition through polyrhythm, making use of evaluative questions to develop ideas.
Come along, listen and join in the discussion. We look forward to seeing you there.
The Incorporated Society of Musicians (ISM) is the UK's professional body for musicians and a subject association for music.
Music Education Teach Meet Primary
Music Education Teach Meet Secondary
Setting your tuition fees: 2021
The ISM Teachers' Pack
This pack is a helpful guide for all instrumental and vocal teachers, whether you are employed, work freelance in schools or teach privately.
Performance anxiety: A practical guide for music teachers
Performance anxiety is a guide for music teachers with easy to use practical strategies to integrate into your teaching to assist with your student's development over time.
Resources for music educators
Professional development seminars for music teachers
We can arrange for music education experts, Dr Alison Daubney PhD, Yogesh Dattani and Paul Harris to present your choice of workshops from our series.