The National Curriculum for Music 2019
There is a distinct National Curriculum in England (introduced in 2014), Scotland (the Curriculum for Excellence was introduced from 2010), Wales and Northern Ireland (the curriculum in Northern Ireland became statutory from 2007).
To help you develop your curriculum, pedagogies and assessment in any setting, we have published two frameworks (primary and secondary), complete with wall-charts, in partnership with Professor Martin Fautley and Dr Alison Daubney.
- ISM_The National Curriculum for Music booklet_Primary_2019_digital (0.54MB PDF)
- ISM The New Curriculum For Music Wallchart Primary 2019 Digital (0.11MB PDF)
- ISM The National Curriculum For Music Booklet Ks3 2019 Digital (0.6MB PDF)
- ISM The New Curriculum Wallchart Ks3 2019 Digital (0.11MB PDF)
- Transition guide from the University of Sussex (0.09MB PDF)
- Formative assessment strategies ISM handout (0.06MB PDF)
The ISM Trust
We hope you enjoy reading this free resource provided through the ISM Trust, the Incorporated Society of Musicians’ (ISM) sister charity, which aims to advance education, the arts and to promote health. If you would like to make a donation towards the work of the Trust, you can do so below.