Join the ISM this September
Become part of the ISM this Autumn- you'll be joining a professional community of musicians and music educators who are backed by our support, unparalleled services, expertise and ground-breaking campaigns work.
This September, you can get 15% off our full rate membership with the code SEPT19. That's full membership for just £153.85 for your first year - a saving of over £25. Remember - if you've graduated from your first degree-level music course since 2009, you can access our graduate rate for just £50.
To claim your discount, simply use the code when you join online or over the phone: 020 7221 3499 (Mon - Fri, 9.30am - 5.30pm)
- £10m public liability insurance cover
- £100k legal expenses insurance cover
- bespoke legal support and representation including a 24-hour legal helpline and specialist advice
- unpaid fees recovery service
- a free listing in our Music Directory, the UK's only online directory of verified music professionals
- enhanced professional status including letters after your name and ISM Registered Private Teacher status
- DBS Disclosure service and advice
- opportunities to join our Educators Special Interest Group and have a direct impact on Government education policy
- access to a professional community of music educators
- resources including online advice, template contracts and fees surveys
- unlimited discounted insurance on any number of musical instruments and equipment of any value
- discounted tickets for our award-winning professional development events and networking opportunities...
...and much more.
We campaign for you
The ISM tirelessly lobbies government on issues affecting musicians' rights and livelihoods. Find out more about how we fight for you on issues like freedom of movement for musicians post-Brexit and music education.
More about the ISM
We are the UK's professional body for musicians and a nationally recognised subject association for music, supporting nearly 10,000 members with a unique combination of professional services, unparalleled in-house expertise and campaigns.
We believe in empowering musicians, helping them take control of their careers and enhancing their working lives. Our members come from all over the music profession and include thousands of classroom, peripatetic and private music teachers.
My ISM is security. I know the ISM have my back in every gig and every record that I make.