Support, advice and essential services for just £15 a year
ISM student membership is the perfect fit for all studying music professionals. We are here to offer support, guidance and protection whilst you develop your skills and prepare to enter the music profession.
For just £15 a year, you'll have affordable support from your professional body to empower you with industry advice, protect you and your equipment, aid your health and wellbeing, grow your network, help you to save money and much more.
Once you finish your studies, we'll also give you an extra year of early career membership.
Key benefits for students
- professional insurance cover including public liability insurance up to £10,000,000
- unpaid fees recovery services to ensure you get paid
- extensive online advice covering everything you need to know about being a professional musician
- health and wellbeing services including counselling, CBT and physiotherapy
- bespoke instrument and equipment insurance at a discounted rate
- unlimited legal advice and representation for expert support with everything from contracts to copyright
- promotion through our social media – reach an audience of over 20,000
- a visa and work permit advisory service
- hundreds of exclusive discounts on everything from music shops around the UK to hearing protection, recording studios, gym membership and more
- be part of an active community of nearly 11,000 professional musicians
- discounted tickets to our award-winning events such as The Empowered Musician
- demonstrate your professional status by using SMISM after your name (student member of the ISM)
- regular webinars and seminars to connect you with music industry experts
- have your say with full voting rights on ISM matters
- ...and much more
How to join
Studying a music-related subject?
If you are currently studying a music-related course (full or part-time) at level four or above, you can get this discounted rate. Join by clicking below or call us on 020 7221 3499, Monday - Friday, 9.30am - 5.30pm.
Studying another subject?
If you are studying a non music-related subject but are involved in music outside your course (such as you teach music or perform with a band or your university orchestra) you will likely still be able to join us as a student member. We'll ask for some details about the work you do as a musician alongside your studies when you apply for membership.
Been a member before?
To re-join, please call us on the number above or email [email protected]. We'll be very pleased to welcome you back to membership.
If you have any questions, try our frequently asked questions page or call us on 020 7221 3499, Monday - Friday, 9.30am - 5.30pm.
'ISM student membership is really great value for money. It's important to have that kind of representation even as a student, so that when you leave you've already gained some experience, made some connections and you're ready to go full-time.'