If you're a musician studying full or part-time at level four or above (degree/graduate diploma), you can become part of the ISM, a 10,000 strong membership of music professionals in the UK, for only £15 a year.
Benefits of joining
Despite only paying £15 per year, you will receive the same benefits as full members, including:
- public liability insurance up to £10,000,000
- unpaid fees recovery services
- be part of an active community of professional musicians
- award-winning professional development events at a discounted rate and free resources
- enhanced professional status
- regular webinars and seminars
- professional resources and advice to help you reach your full potential
- unlimited discounted insurance on any number of musical instruments and equipment of any value
- hundreds of discounts to save you money from instruments to gym membership
- 24-hour personal support and advice helpline as well as a telephone and face-to-face counselling services
- premier legal services from our specialist in-house team and access to our 24 hour legal helpline
- have your say with full voting rights on ISM matters
How to join
Simply complete our online application form and input your course details. If you're not studying a music-related course, we'll also ask for a short biography of your extra-curricular musical activities.
Call us on 020 7221 3499, Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 5:30pm. If you're not studying a music-related course, we'll also ask for details of your extra-curricular musical activities.
If you have any questions, try our frequently asked questions page or call us on 020 7221 3499.
'ISM student membership is really great value for money. It's important to have that kind of representation even as a student, so that when you leave you've already gained some experience, made some connections and you're ready to go full-time.'