Full membership (graduate rate)
Full membership (graduate rate) starts at £50 or divide the cost over ten months and pay just £5 a month
If you have graduated with your first music degree within the last ten years you can take advantage of our graduate discount.
|First year of graduate membership||£50|
|Second year of graduate membership||£50|
|Third year of graduate membership||£50|
|Fourth year of graduate membership||£110|
We’ve listened to your concerns - in response to increasing graduate debt and feedback from our members, we have reduced our graduate membership rate to £50, increasing to £110 in the fourth year of membership. This represents a saving of £464 over four years.
If you were previously a student member, we will give you an extra year of membership at £50.
What are the benefits?
As a graduate rate full member you can receive the same benefits as members paying the full rate but at a fraction of the price.
- public liability insurance cover up to £10,000,000
- one-to-one legal advice and representation from our specialist in-house team. This is a bespoke service unique to the ISM.
- legal expenses insurance cover up to £100,000
- an unpaid fees service to recover overdue payments owed to you in relation to your work
- enhanced professional status – as a member of a Government approved professional body, you will be entitled to use our letters after your name to demonstrate your professional status and enhance your profile
- being part of a professional community of musicians
- award-winning professional development events and publications at a discounted members rate, and free resources
- unlimited discounted insurance on any number of musical instruments and equipment of any value
- hundreds of pages of online advice and guidance
- DBS Disclosure application service
- valuable networking opportunities at our seminars and events
- hundreds of discounts to save you money on a huge range of personal and music related products and services
...and much more
'The ISM is like a crashmat - its the support and security which helps to give me the freedom to take bigger creative risks'
How to join
Simply complete our online application form and enter the name of your first degree-level (or above) qualification in music, the institution you studied at and the year you graduated.
Call us on 020 7221 3499 and we'll take your details over the phone.
If you were previously an ISM member - Welcome back! All you need to do is contact our Membership Officer on 020 7313 9311 or [email protected] and we can restart your membership.
If you have any questions, try our frequently asked questions page or call us on 020 7221 3499.