Professional development and unique expertise
'This event was the most inspirational and educational event that I have been to.'
Our award-winning seminars and special events provide essential training to help empower you as a musician, enable you to develop skills and knowledge to aid your career, and give you regular opportunities to meet and network with other professional musicians. As a member you can book for our events at a reduced rate.
Access our free webinars from work, home or on the move. We cover key topics in areas such as music education, copyright, royalties and fees, personal finance, self-promotion and musicians' health. Tune in live or catch up with our webinar archive.
Comprehensive online advice
As a member, you will have access to hundreds of free advice pages on a range of subjects including rates, business tips, legal matters, copyright and performers’ rights, child protection and safeguarding, DBS checks, health and wellbeing, personal finance and much more.
You can also download practical resources including template contracts, agreements and invoices, information sheets and record-keeping tools.
The Empowered Musician 'How to...' series
As an ISM member, you will have full access to our new 'How to' guides. These online guides build on the practical industry advice on offer at The Empowered Musician event, highlighting the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in your music career.
- How to...Connect with a digital audience
- How to...Write a DIY marketing plan
- How to...Work with an Artist Manager
- How to...Play at a festival
Advice packs and toolkits
- Performers Pack
- Composers Pack
- Self-Publishing Pack
- Teachers Pack
- Empowered Musician How to... guides
- Play: A psychological toolkit for optimal music performance
Discover expert resources, tools and reports focusing on key issues in music education today, including:
- Performance anxiety: A practical guide for music teachers
- Primary Music Toolkit (winner of the Music Teacher Excellence In Primary/Early Years award)
- The National Curriculum for Music: an assessment and progression framework
- Further guidance for classroom teachers