Early career membership (includes graduates)
Just £50 a year or £5 a month over 10 months
In response to feedback from our members, we have created a discounted membership for those starting out in their music careers. While you navigate the exciting and challenging first few years of your career, you’ll have affordable support from your professional body to help you with contracts, insurance, industry advice and more.
|First year of membership||£50|
|Second year of membership||£50|
|Third year of membership||£50|
|Fouth year of membership||£110|
Early career membership is £50, increasing to £110 in your fourth year of membership. This represents a saving of £464 over four years. If you are already a student member and you finish your studies, at your next renewal date you will be upgraded to early career membership and we will give you an extra year of membership at £50.
How do I get this level of membership?
Whether you have graduated from your first music-related course at level four or above in the last 10 years or you gained your musical experience in other ways and have been working professionally for 10 or fewer years, you can apply online at any time. Alternatively, you can call us on 0207 221 3499, Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 5:30pm.
What are the benefits?
As an early career member you will receive the same benefits as members paying the full rate but at a fraction of the price.
- public liability insurance cover up to £10,000,000
- one-to-one legal advice and representation from our specialist in-house team. This is a bespoke service unique to the ISM.
- legal expenses insurance cover up to £100,000
- an unpaid fees service to recover overdue payments owed to you in relation to your work
- enhanced professional status – as a member of a Government approved professional body, you will be entitled to use our letters after your name to demonstrate your professional status and enhance your profile
- being part of a professional community of musicians
- award-winning professional development events and publications at a discounted members rate, and free resources
- unlimited discounted insurance on any number of musical instruments and equipment of any value
- hundreds of pages of online advice and guidance
- DBS Disclosure application service
- valuable networking opportunities at our seminars and events
- hundreds of discounts to save you money on a huge range of personal and music related products and services
- have your say with full voting rights on ISM matters
...and much more
'The ISM is like a crashmat - its the support and security which helps to give me the freedom to take bigger creative risks'
How to join
Whether you have graduated from your first music-related course at level four or above in the last 10 years or you gained your musical experience in other ways and have been working professionally for 10 or fewer years, you can apply online at any time.
Call us on 020 7221 3499 and we'll take your details over the phone.
If you were previously an ISM member - welcome back! All you need to do is contact our Membership Officer on 020 7313 9311 or [email protected] and we can restart your membership.
If you have any questions, try our frequently asked questions page or call us on 020 7221 3499.