Early career membership (includes graduates)
Just £50 a year or £5 a month over 10 months
We understand that the early stages of musicians' careers can be tough financially. That's why, if you have fewer than 10 years' professional experience, you can join the ISM for less than £1 a week to get expert support with with contracts, professional insurance cover, industry advice, an unpaid fees recovery service, health and wellbeing support, exclusive discounts and much more.
|First year of membership||£50|
|Second year of membership||£50|
|Third year of membership||£50|
|Fouth year of membership||£110|
Early career membership is £50 a year for your first three years and increases to £110 in your fourth year of membership. This represents a saving of £464 over four years compared to paying our full rate.
If you are already an ISM student member, at your next renewal date after you finish your studies you will be upgraded to early career membership and we will give you an extra year of membership at £50.
How do I get this level of membership?
Early career membership is available to all those who have been working within the music sector for fewer than 10 years. You are also eligible if you have more than 10 years' professional experience but have graduated from your first qualification at level four or above in the last 10 years. You can apply online at any time. Alternatively, you can call us on 0207 221 3499, Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 5:30pm.
What are the benefits?
As an early career member you will receive the same benefits as members paying the full rate but at a fraction of the price.
- public liability insurance cover up to £10,000,000
- one-to-one legal advice and representation from our specialist in-house team. This is a bespoke service unique to the ISM.
- legal expenses insurance cover up to £100,000
- an unpaid fees service to recover overdue payments owed to you in relation to your work
- enhanced professional status – as a member of a Government approved professional body, you will be entitled to use our letters after your name to demonstrate your professional status and enhance your profile
- being part of a professional community of musicians
- award-winning professional development events and publications at a discounted members rate, and free resources
- unlimited discounted insurance on any number of musical instruments and equipment of any value
- hundreds of pages of online advice and guidance
- DBS Disclosure application service
- valuable networking opportunities at our seminars and events
- hundreds of discounts to save you money on a huge range of personal and music related products and services
- have your say with full voting rights on ISM matters
...and much more
'The ISM is like a crashmat - its the support and security which helps to give me the freedom to take bigger creative risks'
How to join
Whether you have graduated from your first music-related course at level four or above in the last 10 years or you gained your musical experience in other ways and have been working professionally for 10 or fewer years, you can apply online at any time.
Call us on 020 7221 3499 and we'll take your details over the phone.
If you were previously an ISM member - welcome back! All you need to do is contact our Membership Officer on 020 7313 9311 or [email protected] and we can restart your membership.
If you have any questions, try our frequently asked questions page or call us on 020 7221 3499.