Membership Officer Approval Route
If you're working at a professional level in the music sector you can join us via the Membership Officer Approval Route.
Simply call us on 0207 221 3499, Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 5:30pm, and speak to a member of the team. We'll conduct a short, informal interview with you in which you'll tell us about your background and experience as a musician. If you are earning a living from your work in music it's likely that your application will be accepted.
What are the benefits of joining the ISM?
- direct access to one-to-one legal advice and representation from our specialist in-house team
- public liability insurance cover up to £10,000,000
- legal expenses insurance cover up to £100,000
- professional listings to help you promote yourself and get work
- an unpaid fees service to recover overdue payments owed to you in relation to your work
- unlimited discounted insurance on any number of musical instruments and equipment of any value
- DBS Disclosure service
- hundreds of discounts to save you money on personal and musical products and services
- access to an active community of musicians who you can meet and share ideas with
- award-winning professional development events at our discounted members rate
- tax support services including a daytime helpline and a discounted tax return completion service
- enhanced professional status – you will be entitled to use our letters after your name to demonstrate your professional status and enhance your profile
and much more...
How much does it cost?
ISM full rate membership is just £171 a year by annual Direct Debit. If you prefer to pay monthly by Direct Debit, it's just £18.10 a month over ten installments.
Full rate membership is £181 by credit/debit card, bank transfer or cheque.
Current student or have a qualification at level four or above?
If you are a currently studying at level four (HNC) or above you can benefit from our specially discounted student rate which is available to both full-time and part-time students.
If you have completed a level four (HNC) or above qualification within the last 10 years, you can join at our specially discounted early career rate, which applies for three years.