Member Connect Fair Processing notice
How your data will be used
This page contains important information about your personal data and how it will be used by the Incorporated Society of Musicians (ISM) when you use our Member Connect service.
The ISM is committed to offering the Member Connect service in a way that protects your privacy. So we have taken a number of steps to ensure we put your privacy first, which we set out in this Fair Processing notice.
Member Connect and your personal information
Members can choose freely whether they wish to have a listing in Member Connect.
If you decide you wish to be included, you will need to give us your consent to process your personal data.
You can do this from our Member Connect webpage, where you can tick a box to show that you have given us consent to include you within Member Connect and to process your data for the purposes of this service.
1.Why do we need to process your personal data for Member Connect?
Member Connect is a searchable database, for the use of ISM members only, which involves using the names and some personal contact details of members. We need to process this data in order to allow members to search for and communicate with other members.
2. What data do we collect in Member Connect?
We already hold the data we need for Member Connect: this data includes information you have already given to us as part of membership of the ISM: your name, contact details, street and email address, telephone number, qualifications and so forth -- together with any information you have supplied to us via your publicly-accessible Music Directory profile.
3. What will we use the data for?
If you give your consent to be included in Member Connect and to process your data for this purpose, we will use it for display within the member listings, and also where it is included in a search result from a search request made by another ISM member (or ISM member of staff).
You can choose how much of your contact information you wish to be visible in your Member Connect profile by editing your preferences when you update your Member Connect details in the members’ area of our website at www.ism.org.
Please note that we will never display your home address or full postcode.
4. Who can see your personal data?
If you choose to have a listing in Member Connect, only other members of the ISM with a valid login to the ISM website will be able to see it (apart from ISM staff with relevant accreditation).
5. What is our lawful basis for processing your data?
Participating in Member Connect is voluntary: it is your choice.
Under Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we still need to identify the purposes for which we process your data, and a lawful basis for doing so.
The lawful basis we rely on is consent: we will only include you in Member Connect if you give us your consent.
You can withdraw your consent at any time – please email [email protected] to tell us – and we will remove your profile from Member Connect. Withdrawing of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing we have done based on your consent prior to the point of your withdrawing.
6.Storing your data: your personal information is securely stored in our member databases. All our systems require individual user account password access, and we also have two firewalls established around our network servers. Only ISM staff and our network, web and IT support services can access your data, other than any access you may have in order to amend your own personal information.
7.Sharing your data: If you choose to have a listing in Member Connect, only other members of the ISM with a valid login to the ISM website will be able to see it (apart from ISM staff with relevant accreditation).
2. The right of access to your personal data, including confirmation that we are processing your data, and the right to view the data and a request a copy of it.
3. The right to rectification: you have the right to request that inaccurate personal data be rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
4. The right to erasure: you have the right to request erasure of personal information. If we determine we cannot delete data, you still have the right to ask us to restrict processing of your personal data.
5. The right to restrict processing: you can request that we restrict processing of personal information. This means we will stop actively processing it, and it will just be stored. Stopping processing will mean that we will not add any additional information to your existing information.
6. The right to data portability: you have the right to request this if personal information is processed on a lawful basis of either a) consent or b) for the performance of a contract.
7. The right to object: you have the right to object if processing is based on legitimate interests, or if processing is being used for direct marketing.
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: we do not make any kinds of automated decisions or perform any profiling with your personal information.
9. The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: If you are unhappy with the way in which we process your personal data, please contact us via email [email protected]
You also have the right to lodge a complaint before the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK’s data protection authority.
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF; Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745; or see their website.
Member Connect Acceptable Use Policy
Member Connect is to be used for the purpose of searching music professionals in the United Kingdom, to make contact with them, and where applicable to utilise the professional music services they have shared on their profiles.
Members have given consent for their details to be included in this service, and are entitled to expect that other members will use this service in an appropriate and professional manner. So it is important that everyone observes the following rules.
- only use it for lawful purposes, in a professional manner and in accordance with the ISM Members Code of Conduct;
- respect other members’ privacy and never post personal information which may allow others to be identified;
- keep personal information confidential and never share any other member’s personal information of whatever kind with anyone else without the member’s prior permission;
- not spam other users by sending (or procuring the sending of) any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation;
- immediately stop sending messages or contacting other members if they ask you to;
- not use content from Member Connect in any way except for your personal use. You must not use Member Connect to create, amend, update or verify any databases, directories, customer lists, mailing lists or other records;
- respect the copyright and intellectual property rights of other people by posting only materials for which you have the necessary rights or permissions;
- keep access to Member Connect strictly personal to you and ensure that no other person can access the service using your personal login.
If you use Member Connect you agree that you will:
You also agree that you will not use Member Connect:
Data in Member Connect is provided ‘as-is’ and ‘as and when available’ without any warranties of any kind. The ISM makes no representations or warranties about the timeliness, completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of Member Connect or any of the content.
In no event will the ISM be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with, the use of Member Connect.
The ISM is not responsible for the nature, content and availability of any of the websites for whom links are provided. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. The ISM accepts no responsibility for the consequences of any transactions made or contracts entered into as a result of any content in Member Connect.
Every effort is made to keep Member Connect operating smoothly. The ISM does not warrant that access to Member Connect or the features of Member Connect will be uninterrupted or error free, or that it is free from viruses or other malicious code and is therefore not responsible for any loss incurred from the use of this website.
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.
Content displayed within Member Connect is protected by copyright and other law. In the case of its own intellectual property content (including but not limited to text, images and logos) the ISM reserves all its rights.