Join the ISM this December
Become part of the ISM this December - you'll be joining a community of music professionals who are backed by our support, unparalleled services, expertise and ground-breaking campaigns work.
- £10m public liability insurance cover
- £100k legal expenses insurance cover
- bespoke legal support and representation including a 24-hour legal helpline
- unpaid fees recovery service
- a listing in the ISM Music Directory, the UK's only online directory of verified music professionals
- enhanced professional status including letters after your name and ISM Registered Private Teacher status
- DBS Disclosure service and advice
- resources including online advice, template contracts and fees surveys
- opportunities to join our Educators Special Interest Group and have a direct impact on Government education policy
- unlimited discounted insurance on any number of musical instruments and equipment of any value
- discounted tickets for our award-winning professional development events and networking opportunities
- health and wellbeing services including face-to-face counselling and physiotherapy
- and much more
We campaign for you
The ISM tirelessly lobbies government on issues affecting musicians' rights and livelihoods. Find out more about how we fight for you on issues like freedom of movement for musicians post-Brexit and music education.
More about the ISM
We are the UK's professional body for musicians and a nationally recognised subject association for music, supporting nearly 10,000 members with a unique combination of professional services, unparalleled in-house expertise and campaigns.
We believe in empowering musicians, helping them take control of their careers and enhancing their working lives. Our members come from all over the music profession and include thousands of classroom, peripatetic and private music teachers.
My ISM is security. I know the ISM have my back in every gig and every record that I make.