What is the fast-track route?
If you satisfy one of the following criteria, you can join the ISM through the fast-track route instead of having to provide proof of qualification or two referees.
- You are booked or employed to play for an orchestra or are part of a professional freelance group or ensemble, musical theatre company or opera group
- You are booked by any choir from the current list of professional/cathedral choirs and opera choruses
- You are currently represented by a management company who is a member of IAMA (International Artist Managers’ Association)
- You have a recording contract with a label which is a member of AIM (The Association of Independent Music) or the BPI (British Phonographic Industry)
- You are music teaching staff at a higher education institution which offers a degree or equivalent with music as a significant component or who works in a specialist music school
- Your compositions are published by a company which is a member of the MPA (Music Publishers Association)
You are or have been part of a young artist scheme on our fast-track list
You have won a recognised award on our fast-track list
Please provide the name of the relevant ensemble, artist management company, record label, higher education institution or publisher on your application form and we will contact them to verify.