2020 Member Survey
Fair processing notice
Thank you for responding to our survey. Your response will help our understanding of your experiences, so we can develop services and resources to support you during this situation.
This Fair Processing notice refers specifically to our use of data collected through the 2020 Member Survey.
We collect two types of information in this survey:
Anonymised survey data
This consists of answers to multiple-choice questions, none of which contains personally identifiable data.
Optional email address
If you wish, you can provide your email address if you are interested in:
You can choose any, all or none of these options. Your email address will not be cross-referenced to your responses to the survey questions, so your response will remain anonymous.
Purpose of processing
The anonymised survey data will be used to gain insight into the behaviour, preferences and opinions of participants. These insights will be used to inform the design of new resources and services and improvements to existing services.
You can also opt to provide your email address to enable us to contact you about getting involved with the ISM’s advocacy work, joining our website user panel, or to enter the free draw, or any combination of these. Your email address will only be used for the purpose you have selected.
Lawful basis for processing
By opting in to the draw and/or participation in advocacy work and our website user panel, you are providing consent to our processing of your personal data for the purpose(s) you have selected.
You can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing we have done based on your consent prior to the point of your withdrawing.
Who we share data with
Survey data is stored by our survey service supplier, Survey Monkey. This information is therefore stored in the USA, and is EU-US Privacy Shield certified and is therefore compliant with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. We will also analyse it ourselves and store our analysis on our secure servers, which are located and backed up in the UK.
Retention period and criteria
Anonymised survey data will be kept for the purposes of analysing the data for an indeterminate amount of time (until we no longer need it).
If you have opted to get involved in advocacy work and our website user panel, we will store your email address until you unsubscribe, at which point we will promptly and permanently delete your email from these lists (nb we may still lawfully retain your email address for other purposes previously agreed or notified).
If you have opted to participate in the free draw only, email addresses will be deleted within 28 days of completion of the draw.
- The right of access to your personal data, including confirmation that we are processing your data, and the right to view the data and a request a copy of it.
- The right to rectification: you have the right to request that inaccurate personal data be rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: you have the right to request erasure of personal information. If we determine we cannot delete data, you still have the right to ask us to restrict processing of your personal data.
- The right to restrict processing: you can request that we restrict processing of personal information. This means we will stop actively processing it, and it will just be stored. Stopping processing will mean that we will not add any additional information to your existing information.
- The right to data portability: you have the right to request this if personal information is processed on a lawful basis of either a) consent or b) for the performance of a contract.
- The right to object: you have the right to object if processing is based on legitimate interests, or if processing is being used for direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: we do not make any kinds of automated decisions or perform any profiling with your personal information.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: If you are unhappy with the way in which we process your personal data, please contact the ISM’s Head of Compliance via email: [email protected]
You also have the right to lodge a complaint before the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK’s data protection authority:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF; Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 or via thier website.
Data controller details
For the purpose of this survey and this Fair Processing Notice, the data controller is the Incorporated Society of Musicians (ISM), a company limited by guarantee, incorporated in England and Wales under company number 36882. Our registered office is at 4-5 Inverness Mews, London, W2 3JQ.
Please contact our Head of Compliance via [email protected]
if you have any queries.