Coronavirus case studies
Tell us your story
While we campaign for more support for the music community, we need your help to explain the situation to decision-makers and journalists.
We are looking for members willing to share their story with us about the challenges they are facing due to Coronavirus and the current situation. Your first-hand experiences are vital for persuading politicians and creating powerful stories in the media.
To take part, please complete our short form which should take less than five minutes.
Please read our Fair Processing notice below. This tells you about how we use your data if you participate in this survey.
Fair Processing Notice
Coronavirus case studies
Thank you for responding to our Coronavirus case studies form. Your response will help us further our campaigning work and bring greater depth to our media stories and communications.
This Fair Processing notice refers specifically to our use of data collected through the Coronavirus case studies form for ISM members.
We collect two types of information in this survey:
1. Survey data questions on personal experience of impact of Coronavirus
This consists of questions, asking for your first-hand experience of dealing with the impact of Coronavirus and your ability to claim from the government support schemes.
2. Optional personal contact number
If you wish, you can provide your contact telephone number if you are willing for the ISM to contact you to discuss using your story in our media campaigns. If you are happy to do so, please supply a contact number where indicated in the survey.
Purpose of processing
Your response to the survey form will help us further our campaigning work and bring greater depth to our media stories and communications. We may also wish to use some of the information you have provided about yourself and your experiences on our social media channels, external campaigning work and media enquiries. We will do this only if you give us your consent.
Lawful basis for processing
By participating in this survey you are providing your consent to our processing of your personal data by way of recording it in our secure systems and analysing it for the purposes of developing our campaigning work.
If you choose to allow us to use your personal information for campaigning and social media purposes, you are providing us with your consent to our processing of your personal information for these purposes.
If you provide an optional personal contact telephone number you are providing us with your consent to our processing of this data so we can store it in our secure systems for the purposes of this survey and to allow us to contact you in connection with media enquiries.
You can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing we have done based on your consent prior to the point of your withdrawing.
If you are an ISM member, we may hold a contact telephone number for you already. We will not use it for the purposes of this survey, except if you grant us your consent in this survey form to do so.
Who we share data with
Survey data is stored by our survey service supplier, Survey Monkey. This information is therefore stored in the USA, and is EU-US Privacy Shield certified and is therefore compliant with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018. We will also analyse it ourselves and store our analysis on our secure servers, which are located and backed up in the UK.
We may share some of your personal data in accordance with the Lawful basis for processing stated above and any consent you have given us for these purposes.
Retention period and criteria
The survey data will be kept for the purposes of utilising the data for an indeterminate amount of time (until our campaign has ended).
If you have opted for us to be able to contact you about matters in this survey, we will keep your survey data until you tell us you no longer wish to be contacted about this matter ,at which point we will promptly and permanently delete your survey form.
If we already hold your contact telephone number or email address for other purposes for which we have an existing lawful basis (e.g. consent to receive emails about our other campaigns or activities, or under a contract such as your membership of the ISM) we may still lawfully retain such information for these purposes even if you request that your details be deleted in connection with this survey.
2. The right of access to your personal data, including confirmation that we are processing your data, and the right to view the data and a request a copy of it.
3. The right to rectification: you have the right to request that inaccurate personal data be rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
4. The right to erasure: you have the right to request erasure of personal information. If we determine we cannot delete data, you still have the right to ask us to restrict processing of your personal data.
5. The right to restrict processing: you can request that we restrict processing of personal information. This means we will stop actively processing it, and it will just be stored. Stopping processing will mean that we will not add any additional information to your existing information.
6. The right to data portability: you have the right to request this if personal information is processed on a lawful basis of either a) consent or b) for the performance of a contract.
7. The right to object: you have the right to object if processing is based on legitimate interests, or if processing is being used for direct marketing.
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: we do not make any kinds of automated decisions or perform any profiling with your personal information.
9. The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: If you are unhappy with the way in which we process your personal data, please contact the ISM’s Head of Compliance via email: [email protected]
You also have the right to lodge a complaint before the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK’s data protection authority: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF; Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745.
Website address for raising concerns
Data controller details
For the purpose of this survey and this Fair Processing Notice, the data controller is the Incorporated Society of Musicians (ISM), a company limited by guarantee, incorporated in England and Wales under company number 36882. Our registered office is at 4-5 Inverness Mews, London, W2 3JQ. Please contact our Head of Compliance via [email protected] if you have any queries.