Mental health support
Coronavirus has impacted our lives in more ways than we could ever imagine. Whether you have financial worries as a result of lost work or are finding it tough being at home all the time, there are a range of services and resources to support you.
Mind has produced some helpful guidance on how to look after your wellbeing at this time.
ISM members have access to a 24-hour personal advice and support line. You can phone them about any issue you are facing. Your call will be answered by a trained counsellor. The service also includes up to six individual, bespoke counselling sessions (delivered by telephone or video call).
The service is totally confidential, and the ISM team will not know that you have called.
Mental health helplines
- ISM members' counselling helpline
- Samaritans (emotional support for anyone in emotional distress, struggling to cope, or at risk of suicide) 116 123 (24hrs) or email [email protected]
- SANEline (mental health, emotional support, suicide) 0300 304 7000 (4.30-10.30 pm every evening)
- Mind Advice Line (information on all mental health problems) 0300 123 3393, [email protected], text: 86463 (helpline: 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, except for bank holidays)
- Anxiety UK 03444 775 774 (Mon-Fri, 9.30am-5.30pm)
- Arts and Minds artsminds.co.uk
- Bipolar UK Support Line bipolaruk.org/
- CALM (support for men in the UK, of any age, who are feeling down or in crisis) 0800 58 58 58, 5pm - midnight every day
- No Panic (Panic Attacks, Phobias, Obsessive Compulsive Disorders and other related anxiety disorders including those people who are trying to give up Tranquillizers): 0300 772 9844 (helpline) and 0330 606 1174 (youth line) (10am-10pm every day)
- SupportLine (emotional support) 01708 765200
- Music Support: 0800 030 6789 www.musicsupport.org (Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, except bank holidays)
- PTSD UK (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder advice, support, support) www.ptsduk.org
- Rethink (mental health advice, support, campaigning) www.rethink.org
- OCD Action 0300 636 5478, [email protected] Monday – Friday 9.30am – 5pm)