Mental health support
Coronavirus has impacted our lives in more ways than we could ever imagine. Whether you have financial worries as a result of lost work or are finding it tough being at home all the time, there are a range of services and resources to support you.
Mind has produced some helpful guidance on how to look after your wellbeing at this time.
ISM members have access to a 24-hour personal advice and support line. You can phone them about any issue you are facing. Your call will be answered by a trained counsellor. The service also includes up to 6 individual, bespoke counselling sessions (delivered by telephone or video call).
The service is totally confidential, and the ISM team will not know that you have called.
Mental health helplines
- ISM members' counselling helpline
- Samaritans (emotional support for anyone in emotional distress, struggling to cope, or at risk of suicide) 116 123 (24hrs) or email [email protected]
- SANEline (mental health, emotional support, suicide) 0300 304 7000 (6pm - 11pm every evening)
- Mind Advice Line (information on all mental health problems) 0300 123 3393, [email protected], text: 86463 (helpline: 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, except for bank holidays)
- Anxiety Alliance 0845 2967877 (10am-10pm every day)
- Anxiety UK 08444 775 774 (Mon-Fri, 9.30am-5.30pm)
- Arts and Minds www.artsminds.co.uk
- Bipolar UK Support Line 0333 323 3880 (Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm)
- CALM (support for men in the UK, of any age, who are feeling down or in crisis) 0800 58 58 58 (nationwide) 0808 802 58 58 (London). 5pm - midnight every day
- No Panic (Panic Attacks, Phobias, Obsessive Compulsive Disorders and other related anxiety disorders including those people who are trying to give up Tranquillizers): 0844 967 4848 (10am-10pm every day)
- SupportLine (emotional support) 01708 765200
- Music Support: 0800 030 6789 www.musicsupport.org (Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, except bank holidays)
- PTSD UK (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder advice, support, support) www.ptsduk.org
- Rethink (mental health advice, support, campaigning) www.rethink.org
- Time to Change (mental health advice, blogs and campaigning) www.time-to-change.org.uk
- OCD Action 0300 636 5478, [email protected] Monday – Friday 9.30am – 5pm)