Full membership (graduate rate)
Full membership (graduate rate) starts at £75 for your first year or divide the cost over ten months and pay just £7.50 a month
If you have graduated with your first music degree within the last ten years you can take advantage of our graduate discount. You can join the ISM for just £75 (almost £100 off) for your first year and we'll also give you substantial discounts in your second and third years if you continue your membership.
What are the benefits?
As a graduate rate full member you can receive the same benefits as members paying the full rate but at a fraction of the price.
- direct access to one-to-one legal advice and representation from our expert in-house team of quick-response lawyers
- public liability insurance cover up to £10,000,000 in the event of claims against you relating to injuries to third parties or damage to their property
- legal expenses insurance cover up to £100,000 including in the event of an HMRC tax investigation
- listings on our Music Directory and in our Handbook to help you promote your services and get work
- an unpaid fees service that recovers overdue payments owed to you in relation to your work
- unlimited discounted insurance on any number of musical instruments and equipment of any value
- hundreds of discounts to save you money on a huge range of personal and musical products and services
- access to an active community of musicians who you can meet and share ideas with at our seminars and events
- award-winning professional development events at a discounted members rate
- DBS Disclosure application service
- being a member of a nationally recognised professional body enhances your professional status, demonstrates to those you work for that you are committed to your profession and that you have proven professional credentials. As a member you can use letters after your name.
...and much more
'The ISM stands up for musicians, takes some of the strain and allows us to work creatively and freely. Useful advice, legal influence and a listening ear are just some of the benefits the ISM provides.'
How to join
Simply complete our online application form and enter the name of your first degree-level (or above) qualification in music, the institution you studied at and the year you graduated.
Call us on 020 7221 3499 and we'll take your details over the phone.
Download our application form and send it to the address at the bottom of the page.
If you were previously an ISM member - Welcome back! All you need to do is contact our Membership Officer on 020 7313 9311 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we can restart your membership.
If you have any questions, try our frequently asked questions page or call us on 020 7221 3499.